So, family and friends, I am asking for your help.
I saw a friend do this so I am copying his idea from him—-this March I turn 40! I also will celebrate 10 years of sobriety in March as well. Since they are milestones, I want to do something special, and have given myself 40 challenges to complete by March 29th of next year.
I know that I cannot complete the list alone. It’s just too big for one person, and to be frank, more than a few of these challenges scare me. That’s why I am posting it online, and that’s where you come in. I’m asking for you all to keep me accountable, and push, challenge, encourage, as well as pray for me as I begin what should be an interesting and incredible year. Thank you all.
Exercise, Health and Diet
- Lose 40 pounds.
- Fast and pray for 24hours, at least once every month .
- Walk Atlas four to five times a week.
- Go to the spa for stress relief—at least once a month, for either massage or facial.
- Try cooking and preparing 40 new healthy recipes.
- Growing a small vegetable garden.
- Learn/try a new sport.
- Start doing aerobics three times a week.
- Write 12 poems and put on blog.
- Start accountability small group and meet regularly.
- Cut caffeine and salt from diet.
- Memorize 12 hope infused-selected Bible passages.
- Read the Bible cover to cover.
- Start Celebrate Recovery or similar group at my church
- Make cd with praise songs to use in the car for when I am driving
- Organize at least three mission opportunities for either Fairton or Clayton.
- Lead Bible Study with New book that I helped author
- Go to a Christian concert.
- Sing a solo/duet at least twice this year for church.
- Start marriage devotion time with Dan at least twice a week.
- Learn how to change my own oil in my car and do it.
- Learn to drive one of Dan’s tractors.
- Take some piano or voice lessons
- Listen to 5 new bands at recommendation of friends.
- Take a class for fun (cooking, art, etc,)
- Get a book of my poems published.
- Take Sabbath vacation at least once
- Visit a new city.
- Visit a new state.
- Read 3 books non seminary related.
- Reach out to three estranged friends
- Start savings account and save for trip
- Social media fast for a grand total of 30 days (starting the day after my birthday—so March 30 and on—)
- Talk to, and potentially get to know, 2 strangers.
- Intentionally commit to 40 acts of kindness.
- Mail 40 handwritten letters.
- Go out to dinner with Dan once a month
- Have monthly church anniversary fun nights- celebrating 225 years there too!
- Host 2 dinner parties; one for family, another for church family.
- Invite my dad to church